- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
10. Sharing Personal Care Items
Although this seems like a no-brainer, you might be surprised how many people have no worries about sharing things like combs, hair brushes, toothbrushes, nail clippers, and other personal care items with other family members or close friends. No matter how clean or safe you might think a person is, there are all kinds of things that can be easily transferred from one person to another. Play it safe; just don’t do it.
11. Using Public Remote Controls
The University of Arizona is at it again. They conducted a study about remote controls and found that television remotes are one of the worst carriers of bacteria, far worse than toilet handles! Believe it or not, hospital remotes were found to be the germiest. Clean any public remote control before you touch it, including in hotels and hospital rooms.
12. Don’t Be Too Clean
As we mentioned, over-bathing is just as bad as not bathing enough, but in one study involving more than 11,000 kids, it was found that having an overly clean environment increased their risk of developing asthma and eczema. Moms, the body needs to develop its immune system by coming into contact with some germs! Don’t go nuts and spray Lysol on every surface your child touches. A little bit of dirt is a good thing.