- 8 Ways You May Be Able To Reverse, Delay, Or Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Fight And Prevent Cancer With This Type Of Diet
- Plastic Water Bottles: Are They Dangerous? Video
- Guidelines For Safe Food Handling To Prevent Foodborne Disease
- How To Lower Your Risk Of Colon Cancer
- 10 Of The Most Common Myths About Aging
- Could This Be The Number One Anti-Aging Drink? Video
12 Shocking Health Benefits Of Whiskey (You Won’t Believe #9!)
4. Supports Heart Health
You might be shaking your head at this one, asking how it can be true, but let us reassure you — it is. Wine, dark beer and whiskey are some of the lonely alcoholic drinks that can claim to be good for your heart. The high levels of antioxidants found in whiskey can help to reduce your risk of having a heart attack. Perhaps that’s why people toast, saying, “To Your Health!”
5. Fights Cancer
Although excessive alcohol consumption leads to a much greater risk of cancer, moderate consumption of whiskey, which is rich in antioxidants like ellagic acid, can help to stop your cells from coming into contact with carcinogens and other toxins that can cause mutation. Whiskey is also well known for helping to protect the body from the effects of chemotherapy. Whiskey and cannabis: Now that is a cancer fighting combination everyone can get behind!
6. Improves Digestion
Again, we want to impress on you that excessive consumption can cause irreparable damage to your digestive system. However, in moderate amounts, whiskey has long been used as a means of improving digestion. It not only curbs the appetite when consumed after a meal, it can also prevent stomach aches, indigestion, and stop you from overeating.
Continue to Page 3