- 7 Surprising Health Benefits Of Love
- Not Only Genetics Assure Fast Metabolism, But These 7 Things As Well
- 10 Tips To Stop Consuming Fluoride, Even If It’s Not In Your Water
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- Britain Appoints Minister Of Loneliness To Combat Epidemic
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
12 Things You Never Knew About Dragon Fruit (We Love #6)
Dragon what? If you haven’t heard of it, this might sound like a joke, but there really is a tropical fruit called dragon fruit. This fruit grows in the tropical and subtropical regions throughout Asia and South America. This fruit is appropriately named as the outside skin looks similar to a cactus, with scales that resemble a dragon. The outside might be green and/or reddish in color, but inside the meat of this fruit is creamy white with black seeds.
Sometimes called pitaya, these fun and different looking fruits have only a tiny 60 calories and are possibly one of the best super fruits around.
Dragon fruits are a nice change from the usual apples and bananas. Are you looking for a change of pace? Are you interested in food that has super high nutrition and a whole lot more to offer? Do you like to try new and unusual foods? Then dragon fruit is for you!
Even if you have been enjoying these fruits already, you already know how great they taste, but you might not know how many health benefits these little fruits are giving you with every bite.
Keep reading! We are about to take you on a wonderful journey into dragon fruit land!
1. Stops Acne
You can get teenagers to eat more fruit if you tell them that it will stop acne (besides the fact that this fruit is cool looking). Dragon fruit is rich in vitamin C so eating it will automatically improve the skin. Second, they can turn a slice of dragon fruit into a facial. Mash up one fruit (minus the seeds) and apply the paste to the affected areas on the skin. Gently massage it in for a minute or two, and then rinse with water. For best results, use once or twice a day and eat one or two fruits each day. Stopping acne was never so much fun!
Continue to Page 2