- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Top Foods That Boost the Immune System (#4 is Wicked Cool!)
4. Kiwi Fruit
How often do you nosh on these funky little fruits? Probably a lot more after you read this! Kiwi is loaded with vitamin E, a vital ingredient when it comes to improving your immune system. It has vitamin C, which is also important. Why kiwi? It has more vitamin E and C than many other citrus fruits, including oranges, despite its tiny size. So peel those little green devils, and laugh out loud at those viruses!
5. Oats and Barley
Ideally, you should be eating three servings of whole grains every day. To make the most of your immune system, be sure at least one of them is either oats or barley. Why? These grains contain beta-glucan, a fiber that has antioxidant and antimicrobial compounds. These two have more immune boosting power than Echinacea, according to a study out of Norway. In studies with animals, when consuming barely and/or oats, the subjects were less likely to contract herpes, influenza, and anthrax. For humans, these grains speed the healing of wounds, help antibiotics work better, and improve your immune system.
Whether you like blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries, these are all super powerhouses of nutrition. These are all well-known for strengthening and improving the immune system as they all contain high levels of antioxidants, plus vitamins C and E. So whether you opt for the typical blueberries or you decide to go more exotic with acai and goji, you cannot go wrong by adding more berries to your diet.
Continue to Page 3