- Best Essential Oils For Healing Bronchitis Naturally Infographic
- Is There A Correlation Between Creativity And Not Socializing?
- 3 Excellent ‘Because’ To Why Sprouted Grains Are Good For You
- 7 Healthy And Easy To Make Salads For Each Day Of Your Week Video
- The Science Of Alcohol Addiction
- Hunger Scale And Guide To Mindful Eating Infographic
- Bountiful Year: What To Eat, When To Eat It Infographic
Top 15 Surprising Reasons You Should Eat More Oranges
Oranges, those sunny, happy, bright colored fruits that everyone loves to snack on. They are often eaten by athletes because they give you a quick burst of energy when needed. However, these fruits have so much more to offer than just a quick snack. They are so loaded with healthy goodness; we should eat them as often as we can.
First, take a look at a few interesting facts about oranges that you never knew:
- The country that produces the most oranges isn’t the state of Florida, in America, but Brazil.
- Navel oranges are called that because of that funny indentation at the bottom of the orange skin that looks like a belly button!
- 18th Century sailors took oranges and sauerkraut on ships to prevent scurvy
- When Queen Victoria reigned, oranges were given as presents on Christmas day in England.
- The two most common varieties of oranges Navel and Valencia oranges.
- After chocolate and vanilla, orange is the world’s third favorite flavor.
- In the first century AD, the Romans brought young orange trees all the way from India to Italy.
- Christopher Columbus brought orange seeds with him. He planted orange orchards in Haiti.
- By 1518, oranges had made their way from Haiti to Panama, Mexico, and Brazil.
Now that you are up to speed on your orange facts, let’s take a look at the top 15 reasons why you should be eating an orange every day!
1. Stops hair loss
Bet you never knew that about oranges! The high vitamin C content in oranges is something required by your body to make collagen, which is what makes up the tissues in your hair. Forget about bald patches, just eat more oranges and ensure that your hair stays on your head, and not in your brush.
2. Protects your kidneys
Drinking orange juice regularly can prevent kidney diseases as well as reduce the risk of developing kidney stones.
3. Improves heart health
This fruit is simply bursting with potassium, a mineral that is very important for helping your heart to function properly. Should your body become low on potassium, you can develop an abnormal heart rhythm, known as arrhythmia.
4. Fights viral infections
Oranges contain polyphenols, which protect the body from viral infections.
5. Promotes stomach health
Oranges are an excellent source of fiber, which can keep your entire digestive system healthy. Diets that is high in fiber helps to protect you from problems like constipation and stomach ulcers.
Continue to Page 2