- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
- 15 Of The Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies Most Americans Have
- This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
- 12 Toxic Compounds Hiding In This One Thing You Use Every Single Day
- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
Top 10 Super Healthy Sources of Fiber
One of the best ways to get that lean and healthy body is to fuel it with low carb yet high fiber foods. Why low carb? This way, your blood sugar doesn’t go on a roller coaster ride. Eating fiber gives you bulk so you feel fuller while still eating fewer calories. This sometimes means that you will be eating a large volume of food, but this is ok since these foods also tend to be low in calories.
Think of fiber as a speed bump for your digestion. It slows the rate as which nutrients are absorbed by the body, which means you have sustained energy levels while it does a good job of managing your hunger, which means you should lose weight.
Check out our list of the top 10 gotta eat ‘em healthy foods that will really bulk up your fiber intake without bulking up your belly.
1. Brussels Sprouts
The food every kid hates, but you should love. Brussels sprouts are similar to cabbage and broccoli.
They also have many of the same health benefits, along with being high in fiber. Just 10 sprouts have 7 grams of fiber.
Try broiling them with a bit of olive oil and salt.