- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
14 Household Items That Can Cause Cancer
3. Air Fresheners
This is probably the number one product that average Americans have in their homes in one form or another. The Natural Resources Defense Council reported that almost all of the common air-fresheners, even those labeled as being “all-natural” contain chemicals with serious carcinogenic potential.
Any household item that contains some type of fragrance or “parfum” has a toxic chemical called phthalate. There are many types of phthalates that have different health consequences, but almost all of them have one thing in common — they affect reproductive health. Many of these air fresheners do not clean the air as we believe they will, but they do exacerbate respiratory problems such as asthma. As much as possible, choose fragrance free products and make your own homemade air fresheners to avoid phthalates.
Continue to Page 4