- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
20 of the Most Outstanding Foods to Beat This One Deadly Cancer
2. Citrus Fruits
Every elementary school aged child knows that fruits such as grapefruits, tangerines, oranges, lemons, and limes are terrific sources of vitamin C. But did you know that vitamin C does a lot more for the body than simply improve the immune system and fight colds? Vitamin C is a super free radical fighter. Free radicals are a type of chemical reaction in the body that damages our DNA. When our DNA becomes damaged, the cells become mutated, which is the first step toward the production of cancer. Vitamin C is a natural shield, protecting the body by neutralizing free radicals as they form.
Zest from the peels of citrus fruits also contains an important nutrient called flavonoids. Flavonoids are known to stop cancer cells from damaging you by stopping them from invading healthy tissue. So adding just a little orange or lemon zest to your salad would be giving your body a double whammy of protection. Even better news is that you don’t have to eat a kilo of oranges every day to get the protection you want. One citrus fruit each day will give you the benefits you are looking for.