- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
5 Common Habits Secretly Causing Your Knee Pain
3. Joint and Muscle Over Exertion
Although physical activity is good for the knees, too much of anything is not good. Continuing to do the knee straining activities day after day, without rest, give your knees some serious stress with no opportunity for them to heal. Simply adding some variety to your workout routine and allowing your body at least one day of rest per week can help your knees tremendously.
If you should feel pain in your knees or if they ache or become stiff after a particularly difficult workout or from some other activity, do not feel guilty by taking a day or two off and allowing them time to repair themselves.
4. Bad Shoes
Ladies, those Jimmy Choo’s look so cool on the dance floor, but they pull your body out of balance and they will give you some serious knee pain over time! The right shoes are just as important as anything else when it comes to taking care of your knees. Although they might not be as stylish, look for a shoe that fits comfortably and will distribute your weight evenly, which will reduce the stress on your knees.
Don’t misunderstand us: we are not suggesting that you ditch those cool Saturday Night Fever heels, but save them for just that – special occasions – and don’t wear them every day. Several studies have shown that wearing high heeled shoes on a regular basis is one of the biggest risk factors for foot and knee injuries in women.
Runners, you aren’t exempt here. Always choose your running shoes carefully. You should choose the correct design for your foot shape, size, and running habits. Also, never run a marathon in high heels, no matter how cool they look.
Continue to Page 3