- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
5 Ways You Can Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
2. A simple low carb plan
One patient who worked very hard to lose weight and reverse her type 2 diabetes decided to lower her carbohydrate intake to no more than 20 grams per day. She did not eliminate carbohydrates completely from her daily diet but just kept them to the bare minimum. She did make sure to get in some regular exercise but her plan took a little longer to complete. The key was that she was able to stay on this plan rather than any of the more difficult plans listed below.
3. The 600 calorie plan
This was the original plan that came about as part of a clinical trial that took place in the UK. Participants were put on a very extreme 600 calorie per day diet for 8 weeks. The diet consisted of three protein shakes – one for each meal – plus a small amount of low carbohydrate vegetables. A good deal of water was also required to try to keep participants from getting hungry plus keeping them hydrated. After 8 weeks, those who managed to stay on the diet for the entire time period did find their glucose levels back to normal and their pancreas functioning as it did before being diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic.
Continue to Page 3