- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
6 Delicious Condiments You Can Make at Home
Unless you live near an ethnic supermarket that sells fresh salsa, all you can do is buy the stuff in the jars, but if you are a true salsa aficionado, you know that junk in the jar is nothing like real, fresh salsa.
Salsa might sound like a complicated Mexican side dish, but it’s only 5 ingredients and takes just a few minutes to make.
- 5 Medium sized organic tomatoes (any variety you like)
- 1 Medium sized organic white onion
- 1 Medium sized organic jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (more if you like it hot, less if you don’t)
- 1 Large organic garlic clove, finely chopped
- Juice from ½ an organic lime
Chop the tomato and onion into quarter inch diced pieces. Stir all ingredients together in a glass bowl. You’re done! You can add salt and pepper to taste. We left out cilantro because it seems to be a bit of a love it or hate it ingredient. If you love it, add about 3 tablespoons of freshly chopped, organic cilantro leaves.
By the way, if you like guacamole, you can add about 3 ripe avocados to this mix for some super guacamole. Pour the juice from the other half of that lime on top to keep it from turning brown.