- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
7 Herbs and Spices That Can Treat Depression Naturally
This herb has a distinct aroma and makes a delicious addition to many meals. But its usefulness doesn’t stop there. Rosemary has been proven to not only help with depression, it has been used to treat those suffering from frayed nerves, burnout, and even insomnia. Published findings showed that those who exhibited distinct levels of rosemary oil in their bloodstream demonstrated “improved cognitive performance.”
Practitioners of Eastern medicine regard saffron as “the spice of happiness.” A study conducted in Iran in 2015 found that the use of saffron had the same results in treating depression as prescription anti-depressants. Saffron strands are known for giving Spanish food that vibrant yellow color. It is also popular in Indian food.
Thyme may be more well known for its use in cooking, but when you see its capabilities, you will see why it is being successfully used to treat depression. This herb is brimming with lithium, which is a mineral that addresses depression, and also tryptophan, which creates serotonin and serves as a sleep aid. In addition, thyme can both calm you down and stimulate your brain. You may be able to incorporate this into your daily regimen as a tea found in a health food store.
Continue to Page 3