- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
8 Essential Nutrients That Are Making You Sick And Tired
Vitamin B12 is vital to the body for making red blood cells, the synthesis of our DNA, and for proper brain function. Our body does not need much of this vitamin, but it is absolutely vital. Deficiencies in this are quite common, affecting as much as 15 percent of the population. A deficiency in this vitamin can cause extreme fatigue, constipation, weight loss, anemia, weakness, a tingling in the hands and feet. A severe deficiency can cause confusion, dementia, and sores on the tongue or mouth.
The good news is that B12 is found in almost all animal products including poultry, red meat, fish, eggs, and dairy products. Unfortunately B12 is not found in plants, so vegans need to take care to ensure that they get enough of this vitamin. Look for B12 in fortified breakfast cereals and some nutritional yeast products.