- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
8 Supplements Every Vegan Needs (#4 Is Easy Enough)
Red blood cells use iron to transport nutrients and oxygen to every cell in the body. Insufficient amounts of iron can lead to anemia. There are two types of iron: Non-heme, which is the kind found in plants, is much more difficult for the body to absorb. This means that both vegans and vegetarians can have much lower stores of iron in their blood.
All vegans and vegetarians need iron supplements, no matter what some vegan website might tell you. Like zinc, how much iron you need will depend on your age and gender, but adult females on average will need 15 mg of iron and men need 10 mg of iron each day.