- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
8 Supplements Every Vegan Needs (#4 Is Easy Enough)
This mineral is found in every single cell in the body — it is that important. Zinc helps the body do everything from keeping your immune system strong to aiding in the reproductive cycle. Zinc is vital for a proper sense of smell and taste. Although it is true that zinc is found in many vegetable sources and in some seeds, the phytates in plants bind to zinc and therefore interfere with absorption.
Since vegans eat only plants, most of the zinc they consume is never absorbed, which is why vegans should take a zinc supplement. Our bodies do not store zinc in any way, so you need to consume sufficient amounts every day. Zinc orotate is the easiest form of zinc for the body to absorb. Zinc amounts vary depending on your age and gender. In general, females over the age of 18 need eight mgs each day and men over 18 need 11 mgs each day.