- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Antioxidants And Chemotherapy: A Huge Controversy
The Immune System
The toxins from the chemotherapy and radiation treatments can compromise, or totally destroy, the immune system leaving the body open to what could be serious infections. Medical experts agree that it is essential for people who are undergoing cancer treatments to eat nutritious foods that will help support the immune system, and keep infections from taking hold.
Cancer patients differ greatly, as do their treatments, as well as the way the body reacts to the treatment. Nutritional requirements may also differ from person to person, and if you are unsure which foods will benefit you most during and after treatments, it might be a good idea to consult a nutritionist.
The body needs certain vitamins and minerals to help function properly and boost the immune system. Fortunately, most of these are found naturally in foods.
Continue to Page 3