- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Are Your Medications Killing Your Brain? Top 25 Worst Offenders
Most people do not realize that many drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter medications, have a tremendous effect on their memory. Every single medication carries some type of risk, and memory loss is a very common one; however, you won’t often see it mentioned.
One of the primary neurotransmitters involved with memory and learning is called acetylcholine. When our bodies are low in this neurotransmitter we become forgetful and easily confused. It’s no wonder that acetylcholine deficiencies are associated with dementia and Alzheimer’s. In fact, this is the target of Alzheimer’s drugs — to block the further breakdown of acetylcholine.
Medications that block the action of acetylcholine are called anti-cholinergic drugs. Common side effects of anti-cholinergic drugs are:
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Dizziness or light headedness
- Loss of bladder control
- Difficulty in urination
- Incoherent speech
- Brain fog
- Memory loss
Continue to Page 2
Nov 27, 2015 at 1:07 pm
Do you really think talking to your doctor who prescribes this crap will give you a ” natural alternative when they are in the back pocket of big Pharma????
Nov 27, 2015 at 7:08 pm
No more than “Ask your doctor if BullBleep is right for you.” (Those TV ads should be outlawed.) Am thinking 99% of regular medical doctors have no idea what “natural alternative” even means.