- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Best 12 Herbs to Support Healthy Eyes
4. Grape Seed Extract
Grape seed extract has received a great deal of attention lately for its wide range of health benefits, and to top it all off, it is also one of the best extracts for vision health. Grape seed extract is recommended for all types of eye disorders including; cataracts, eye strain, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy. What makes grape seed extract so eye friendly are the numerous phytochemicals including flavonoids, vitamin E, linoleic acid, and oligomeric proanthocyanidins. In fact it’s this last phytochemical, oligomeric proanthocyanidins, which are known for their powerful antioxidant and antihistamine compounds.
This herb contains a compound called forskolin. There are currently eye drops on the market that contain forskolin because this compound reduces the production of fluid within the eye, which reduces pressure. Coleus (coleus forskohlii) might be a valuable solution for the treatment of glaucoma.
Bilberry is a fascinating herb with an interesting history. During WWII, British pilots reported that eating the fruit from bilberry bushes greatly helped to improve their vision at night. This is probably because bilberry contains high levels of anthocyanosides, which help improve blood flow to the smallest blood vessels in the body, which would include the eyes. Anthocyanosides are also strong anti-inflammatories and have antioxidant effects. Bilberry (vacinium myritillus) can help many common eye problems such as macular degeneration, reducing inflammation of the retina, and retinopathy. Combining bilberry with zinc and ginkgo biloba makes a powerful tonic that is said to help prevent vision loss.
Continue to Page 3