- The Science Of Alcohol Addiction
- Hunger Scale And Guide To Mindful Eating Infographic
- Bountiful Year: What To Eat, When To Eat It Infographic
- Healthy Food Substitutions For A Guilt-Free Diet Infographic
- Reishi Mushrooms For Better Health: What You Need To Know Infographic
- Vitamins For Your Brain Health And Where To Find Them Infographic
- Want To Try Making Natural Soap? Here Is How To Start Infographic
Best Foods and Herbs to Naturally Lower High Blood Pressure
If you, or someone you know, have hypertension, then you know how serious this silent killer can be. You also know how difficult it can be to get it under control as well, even with medication. There are numerous factors as to why some people get high blood pressure and others don’t, including:
- Alcohol consumption levels
- Sodium and/or potassium levels
- Physical activity or lack of it
- Family history
- Stress levels
- Personality traits
Although some of these factors are within your control (smoking, weight, alcohol consumption), others are not. Sometimes, high blood pressure is due to other factors, such as kidney disease, adrenal gland dysfunction or imbalances in the thyroid gland.
This is why it is important that you check with your doctor to try to determine the root cause. Change the things that might be contributing to your hypertension, such as losing weight or quitting smoking, but if your doctor should find that you have no physical reason for this problem (such as thyroid disease or kidney disease) then it’s time to look at some natural alternatives.
When hypertension is controlled early, it greatly reduces the risk of developing heart disease, kidney disease, brain hemorrhage, vision loss, or stroke. Always consult with your doctor before starting any herbal program to be certain that you are in good physical condition and that it won’t interfere with any other prescription drugs you might be taking. Pregnant women, nursing mothers, or women who are trying to become pregnant are especially vulnerable and you should always consult your OBGYN before consuming any herb, no matter how safe it might be considered to be.
Keep reading and find out which of these top 15 herbs can help you lower your blood pressure safely and naturally.
Continue to Page 2