- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Your Body Has a Second Brain – Or is it a Second Nervous System?
Your entire digestive system is very susceptible to your lifestyle habits as well as your diet. When you eat processed foods, GMOs, lots of refined sugar, and refined grains, the bacteria in your gut will be compromised. Processed foods, and the other foods mentioned above, kill the healthy bacteria and feed both yeast and bad bacteria. Your gut bacteria can also be greatly affected by:
- Conventionally raised meats (due to antibiotic contamination)
- Chlorinated and/or fluoridated water
- Antibacterial soaps
- Agricultural chemicals
Since more than 80 percent of your immune system lies in your digestive system, giving your gut more of the healthy bacteria it needs will help stop almost all disease from taking hold.
Ayurveda, an ancient form of healing originating in India, somehow knew much of this information already. They have a belief that one’s longevity is directly linked to the strength of one’s digestive system.
To improve your gut bacteria, eat more fermented foods such as kefir, sauerkraut, kimchee, and pickles. You can also take a high quality probiotic supplement to help supply your gut with the healthy bacteria your body needs to support both a healthy immune system as well as a healthy frame of mind.