- One Type Of Water Can Help Your Skin More Than Any Other
- Pump Up Your Immune System With These Probiotic Foods!
- Save Your Heart, Reduce Signs Of Aging, And Have Tons Of Energy With This 1 Thing
- Cure Your Acne With Your Diet Video
- Huge List Of Essential Oils And Their Uses (You Will Want To Print This!)
- The Non-Toxic Liquid Miracle That You Can Drink And Clean Your Floor With Too
- Everything You Ever Thought About Beards Is True. (Gross!)
Make Your Own Natural Decongestant
It’s the peak of the cold and flu season, friends. Seems like many people have a cold or the sniffles right now. If you have been feeling a bit under the weather, or if you have a stuffed up nose or plugged up sinuses that just won’t go away, you might want to think about making your own homemade, completely natural decongestant.
Many people are quick to run to the drug store for one of those over the counter medications they sell but they are filled with plenty of things you probably don’t want in your body. If you have read about some other homemade decongestant recipes but thought that they were too complicated or had ingredients that were just not easy to find, you will be happy to know that this one is different. Chances are pretty good that you have everything in your kitchen already or you can pick them up at any grocery store.
If you have ever made some of your own homemade remedies, then you know one of the trickiest (or the most fun, depending on how you look at it) parts of making your recipe is finding quality items outside the Big Pharmacy world. When you make your own anything, you can control exactly what goes into your mix, and therefore, exactly what goes into your body.
The following recipe is easy to make with common, everyday ingredients. It is not only a natural decongestant; it also gives you a burst of instant energy. This is a terrific perk you won’t find with most pharmaceuticals, which tend to make you drowsy.
This might come across as a bit strong, but when your nose is completely plugged, you won’t smell it anyway. Even little ones as young as 2 years old can drink this.
All Natural Decongestant
- 1 cup of organic lemon juice (fresh, not bottled)
- 1 cup raw, organic honey (find out how much you know of honey in your kitchen)
- 1 small red onion
- 6 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 to 7 radishes, depending on the size
- Wash, peel, and trim the veggies.
- Cut the onion into 4 pieces
- Place everything in the blender until smooth
- Strain through a mesh strainer into a glass jar (mason jars are good) with a lid
- Refrigerate between uses. This will keep for about 7 to 10 days
- Adults can take 2 tablespoons once or twice per day
- Children can take 1 tablespoon per day or 1 teaspoon twice per day
- This decongestant will take just a few hours to start working on unclogging your nose, but expect chest congestion to take about 24 hours.
Of course, if you absolutely cannot find fresh lemons in your store in the winter, then bottled lemon juice will have to suffice. Fresh is always preferable, but sometimes, you simply have to make do. If you must use bottled lemon juice, use regular strength, not concentrate and be sure there is no added sugar or high fructose corn syrup.
Shake well before using, as it sometimes separates in the fridge. DO NOT give this to children under 2 years of age.