- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Common Wild Edible Plants that Can Save Your Life
3. Burdock (arctium lappa)
This plant is native to Eastern Hemisphere but it has been naturalized in most of the Western Hemisphere as well. This is a super popular food in Japan. The leaves are bitter, however, so you might want to boil them twice to remove that taste.
You can eat everything on this plant including the leaves, the peeled stalk, and the root. Burdock is a medium to large sized plant with big leaves and purple thistle like flowers. In America, many people use burdock root to make tea for detox purposes, so if you learn to identify it, you can harvest it wild and have fresh tea on a regular basis.