- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Devious Name Change For High Fructose Corn Syrup
Americans are just beginning to get wise that what we put in our bodies affects us tremendously. Perhaps one of the best things about the internet is the ability of people, even in remote places, to access information. Because of this, shoppers are more aware than ever before about ingredients and labels and exactly the kind of junk most processed foods are made from. Perhaps now, more than ever before, people are demanding healthier foods and more accurate labeling.
In case you haven’t noticed, because of these demands, food companies are plastering the words “natural” and “healthy” on just about everything. To top it all off, Big Food is now trying to hide ingredients that we are aware are bad for our health by changing the names. Worse still, the FDA is letting them get away with it.
Apparently, Big Food knows that gig is up when it comes to high fructose corn syrup. It’s been all over the news and natural websites, such as this one, about the dangers of this extremely cheap sweetener. Since Big Food wants us to keep buying, they have to either stop using it or make it appear, at least, that it is no longer in our food.
Big Food has made a newer version of high fructose corn syrup. It’s not healthier than the last version, but because this product is now 90 percent fructose, not 42 to 55 percent as the old version was, they are being allowed by the FDA to simply call this ingredient “fructose.” By doing this, they are trying to make it appear that you are eating the natural and healthy fructose that is in fruit, but nothing is farther from the truth!
Continue to Page 2