- One Type Of Water Can Help Your Skin More Than Any Other
- Pump Up Your Immune System With These Probiotic Foods!
- Save Your Heart, Reduce Signs Of Aging, And Have Tons Of Energy With This 1 Thing
- Cure Your Acne With Your Diet Video
- Huge List Of Essential Oils And Their Uses (You Will Want To Print This!)
- The Non-Toxic Liquid Miracle That You Can Drink And Clean Your Floor With Too
- Everything You Ever Thought About Beards Is True. (Gross!)
Devious Name Change for High Fructose Corn Syrup
Americans are just beginning to get wise that what we put in our bodies affects us tremendously. Perhaps one of the best things about the internet is the ability of people, even in remote places, to access information. Because of this, shoppers are more aware than ever before about ingredients and labels and exactly the kind of junk most processed foods are made from. Perhaps now, more than ever before, people are demanding healthier foods and more accurate labeling.
In case you haven’t noticed, because of these demands, food companies are plastering the words “natural” and “healthy” on just about everything. To top it all off, Big Food is now trying to hide ingredients that we are aware are bad for our health by changing the names. Worse still, the FDA is letting them get away with it.
Apparently, Big Food knows that gig is up when it comes to high fructose corn syrup. It’s been all over the news and natural websites, such as this one, about the dangers of this extremely cheap sweetener. Since Big Food wants us to keep buying, they have to either stop using it or make it appear, at least, that it is no longer in our food.
Big Food has made a newer version of high fructose corn syrup. It’s not healthier than the last version, but because this product is now 90 percent fructose, not 42 to 55 percent as the old version was, they are being allowed by the FDA to simply call this ingredient “fructose.” By doing this, they are trying to make it appear that you are eating the natural and healthy fructose that is in fruit, but nothing is farther from the truth!
Continue to Page 2