- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Disinfect Your Home After An Illness To Protect Your Family
4. The Kitchen
Although we may not use the kitchen as much when we are sick, we are still transferring germs there via glasses, spoons, cups, dish towels, and sponges. If you use a sponge, replace it after someone has been sick. Towels, pot holders, and other washable items can be washed in the washing machine. Disinfect kitchen counters with vinegar and water or a tea tree oil and water solution. You can also wash things such as spoon rests or other items in the dishwasher. Use the hottest setting to kill germs. Also, if you have any rugs on the floor or placemats on the table, wash them also.
5. Points of Contact
Points of contact mean common household surfaces that everyone in the home touches almost daily. They’re things like doorknobs, light switches, thermostat controls, stair railings, faucets, refrigerator handles, microwave doors or touchpads, and toilet handles. Mix one part of rubbing alcohol with one part of water and spray these surfaces. Allow it to work for 30 seconds, then wipe with paper towels or with a towel that you can wash immediately afterwards.
6. Fido and Fluffy
Nothing is more comforting, to both adults and children, when you are sick than Fido or Fluffy lying in bed with you. Although they don’t usually become infected, their fur will carry the virus or bacteria for days. They might not be very happy about it, but after someone has been sick, it’s a good idea to either take the family cat and/or dog to the groomers for a good wash. You can wash them yourself, if you are brave enough.
Continue to Page 4