- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Disinfect Your Home After An Illness To Protect Your Family
2. The Bathroom
Bacteria and viruses love bathrooms. They are warm and wet — everything they need to grow and thrive. Bath mats are one of the germiest things in your bathroom, often carrying more bacteria than the toilet! Use vinegar or tea tree oil to disinfect everything in the bathroom. Rinse with hot water. Don’t forget to replace toothbrushes, and wash bathmats, towels, and bathrobes.
When you or your child is home sick, there isn’t much to do except lie in bed and watch TV, look at our laptops or tablets, play video games, and maybe call friends on our cell phones. Our electronic world has made life easier, but it has also made life easier for germs. They love to live on those surfaces as much as we like using them. One study in 2013 found that out of 50 random cell phones, 100 percent had contaminable bacteria, and 90 percent had viruses. Mix one part of rubbing alcohol and one part water in a spray bottle and spray a microfiber cloth to clean all electronics and remote controls in the home.
Continue to Page 3