- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- DIY Easy Warming Oil For Stiff Or Sore Joints And Muscles (Better Than Tiger Balm)
- Top 10 Reasons to Drink Lemon and Warm Water
- 4 Harmful Skin Care Ingredients Infographic
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- This One Spice Stops Heart Attacks, Restores Gut Bacteria, And Kills Cancer Cells!
- 4 Healthy Body And Soul Warming Recipes For Cold Winter Days (We Love #1!)
Drugs that Relieve Joint Pain are Silently Killing You
A new study out of Demark shows that there are dangerous side effects to taking COX-2, also called C2Is, for joint pain.
Although COX-2 inhibiting drugs are designed to stop the inflammation that the COX-2 enzyme causes, they have been shown to cause more harm than they do good. COX-2 medications are more powerful than standard NSAIDS like ibuprofen and naproxen. These are so powerful that you need a prescription to get them but doctors everywhere are happily writing these prescriptions as though they were for candy.
Aarhus University Hospital researchers looked at the data from more than 100,000 subjects. Each of these persons had their first stroke between the years of 2004 and 2012. Scientists then looked into their C2I use. Researchers considered the specific brands and types of drugs that were taken as well as the length of time they were consumed.
This study showed that the subjects who were currently on COX-2 inhibitors were 19 percent more likely to die after they had a stroke. As if this weren’t bad enough, the news gets worse. People who are new to COX-2 inhibitors were at a nearly 50 percent greater risk of dying from a stroke than those who did not use these types of drugs.
In fact, subjects who consumed a specific type of C2I, etodolac, were 53 percent more likely to die should they have a stroke.
Continue to Page 2