- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Some Facts About Sugar Which Are Not So Sweet
There are many of these sweeteners on the market, and there is a great demand by consumers who want to cut down on sugar intake.
Artificial sweeteners offer the illusion of a sugar-taste without the calories. However, it comes with some negative baggage, and can cause a few health issues.
Some of these sweeteners have a taste that is up to 400 times sweeter than sugar. This is great for the taste buds, which are stealthily being trained to want a greater amount of sweeter foods included in the diet. This may lead to obesity, diabetes, kidney problems, heart disease and more.
Unlike natural sweeteners such as maple syrup and molasses, which contain a certain amount of nutrients, the artificial products are absolutely devoid of any goodness.
Sucralose is the most common artificial sweetener which is used worldwide. It is absolutely calorie free, has no digestive side effects, and because it is stable when heated it can be used in baking and to sweeten cooked foods.
A worldwide epidemic
Sugar consumption, especially refined sugar, and the related products are known to be among the worst killer-foods of this century and has reached global epidemic proportions.
All sugars are dangerous and addictive, and to stay healthy you need to constantly monitor your sugar intake.
Always read the labels of store-bought food products, many of which have high amounts of hidden sugar content, often cleverly described as “energy.”
Avoid any which claim high amounts of so-called energy!!!