- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Heal Your Pancreas With These 15 Foods That Produce Digestive Enzymes
Mushrooms not only taste great, but they are a true gift from nature. One study found that Coco mushrooms, which come to us from Asia, blocked the MMP gene, which has been linked to the development of pancreatic cancer.
7. Red Grapes
Red grapes contain resveratrol, which is a powerful antioxidant. You can also find this in red wine, but for those with pancreatitis, you should avoid wine. Eat a handful of red grapes everyday day to get more of this unique and powerful antioxidant.
8. Licorice Root
This herb has long been used for numerous problems, including problems with the pancreas. Licorice root is a super anti-inflammatory which can reduce the pain and swelling that often comes from pancreatitis. Drink three or more cups of licorice root tea each day or consume a supplement after speaking to your doctor.
With its super anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds, garlic is often recommended for a wide variety of digestive issues. Garlic has powerful anti-cancer compounds which are known to fight several types of cancer, including cancer of the pancreas. Eat two or three cloves of fresh, organic garlic daily. You can also take a garlic supplement but only after talking with your doctor about the proper dosage for your condition.
Several types of berries are super high in antioxidants, which can heal the pancreas. The best berries for this purpose are blueberries, red raspberries, and strawberries. Tart cherries have also been shown to have anti-cancer compounds that beat many other fruit hands down.
Continue to Page 3