- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Weird, Yet, What Are The Healthiest Ways To Wash Produce?
How to Wash Your Produce Easily
Your best bet is to use clean water, washing over fruits and vegetables with your hands or a produce brush. Produce brushes can be found at the usual kitchen stores, and natural versions are also available. You can soak the fresh fruit or vegetables in a sink full of cold water, but that’s not necessary for all produce. Soaking does help remove dirt from produce with crevices, such as broccoli. Then be sure to rinse the produce. Finally, place the produce to dry on a clean towel.
If you choose to use salt, baking soda, or vinegar, search for a safe mixture, usually around 1 part cleaner with 3 parts water, to soak your produce.
Storing Produce is Just as Vital
Storing produce is also important for keeping it fresh and clean. Stalks like asparagus and herbs need fresh water, so treat them like flowers and place them with water in a jar, covered gently with a plastic bag. Be sure to dry off lettuce, store avocados in a paper bag at room temperature and trim any greens off of root vegetables.
Though you may find many different opinions and options to clean your produce, simply using clean water has been shown to be the most effective, and the easiest on the wallet my friends.