- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Hormones: The Key To A Healthy Mind And Body
Hormones And Your Health
Hormones can impact your health in a variety of ways including how you feel and how your body reacts to certain activities. A good example of this is the hormone leptin. Leptin is the hormone that our body uses when we’re eating — this hormone’s sole purpose is to tell the body when we’ve had enough to eat or when we’re “full.” The job of leptin is to delegate how we use the energy taken in from food, so it has an important overall function, but this function can get out of balance.
Scientists have discovered that when we have a hormone imbalance that involves leptin, it throws off the natural cycle of hunger and satisfaction. This means that the way the hormone communicates with your body has been thrown out of balance, and the hormone no longer acts to tell you when you’re full. You gain a resistance to the leptin messages being sent to your brain and, as a result, you can gain weight due to overeating. However, you can fix this through a change in your diet and the foods you eat, so there is hope if you’re experiencing an imbalance with leptin.
This is just a single example of how a hormone imbalance can impact your life and your body.
Continue to Page 3