- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How Knitting Can Improve Your Health!
3. Anchors you in the present moment
Knitting can, in many ways, be considered a form of active mediation. Most forms of meditation are an exercise in quieting the mind and cultivating perfect awareness of the present moment. Meditation is also good for reducing stress and preventing anxiety-related conditions. The interesting thing is those very same things can be achieved through knitting.
We’ve already established that knitting can be very relaxing. But knitting also demands concentration and focus like mediation. When you are focused on a craft, you’re not thinking about bills, traffic, or problems at work. Knitting also has one advantage over meditation: It produces a real, physical object as a reward for your efforts. You can take pride in and enjoy increased self-esteem when looking at an afghan, hat, or mittens you made from scratch.
Continue to Page 4