- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How Much Screen Time Is Okay For Teens?
What can you do to monitor your children?
With the AAP acknowledging that children younger than 2 years old are beginning to seek entertainment on the Internet, you may want to establish some ground rules from the very beginning.
- Clearly define what screen time is acceptable at each age group
- Decide in advance how much time each child is allowed
- Make sure you are aware of exactly what your children are doing on the Internet. Every day another child becomes victim to a possible sexual predator misrepresenting themselves to children. Luckily. many find that they are talking to undercover cops, but children are susceptible to anyone who preys on their lack of awareness.
- Try to make good use of the time with smaller children who are more interested in learning things on the Internet.
- Make sure that sites that children should not use are blocked on their computers. One slip of the keys and your child may happen upon a site that he or she is not ready, for and you will be in uncharted territory.
Continue to Page 3