- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How to Get Fit Even if You Haven’t Exercised in Years
4. Do some fun cardio
Some people prefer to exercise alone, others like to do it with a group. If you like to do the group thing, consider joining a gym with a wide variety of classes for all fitness levels. They are certain to have some type of class that you will find fun; Zumba, water aerobics, kickboxing, or yoga. If you are more of the introverted type, try taking brisk walks, especially if you can walk through a park or the woods or on the beach. If you like biking, almost all cities have bike trails. Whatever exercise you choose, make it something fun, so you will want to do it again and again.
5. Put more movement into your day
One of the best ways to get exercise is to do things the “old fashioned” way. Walk as much as possible. Park your car a block away from your office or the store and walk there. Turn off the TV and go outside to do some yard work, play with the dog or your kids, or play basketball in your driveway. Rake leaves by hand, use a manual lawn mower, hang laundry outside to dry, take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator. Anything you can do that requires you to move more is a good thing.
6. Don’t forget to rest
If you simply live for Orange is the New Black, you don’t have to miss out. As long as you are getting exercise during the week, you can feel good about sitting back and watching an episode without guilt. You deserved it! The body needs to rest as much as it needs exercise. As long as your program doesn’t interfere with your 8 hours of shut eye, feel free to enjoy that new episode of The Walking Dead. Find out mistakes people make when trying to be healthy.
Everyday research shows us more and more that making simple changes in our diet and exercise routines is the key to lifelong good health and happiness. Make it yours!