- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Huge List Of Essential Oils And Their Uses (You Will Want To Print This!)
Whether you are new to using essential oils or if you are an experienced hand at using them, hardly a moment goes by when we are not reminded of our reliance on plants. We need plants for flood, clothing, health, medicine, and to balance out our lives. We even rely on plants for the very air that we breathe! Is it any wonder then that the essential oils we extract from plants can help us in our everyday lives?
Essential oils carry the very essence of the plants they were taken from in such a concentrated form that just one drop of essential oil can equal 25 cups of tea made from the same plant! Essential oils can be applied or used in numerous ways and combinations that can offer powerful results.
Keep in mind that the amazing uses of essential oils can only reach their maximum potential when purity is involved. There are no regulations when it comes to essential oils, so buying them from reputable sources is vital.
When looking through essential oils, keep in mind the body system that you wish to support or nurture. This will make it easier to find the oil that will work for you. When it comes to emotions, consider what it is you wish to evoke and keep things in mind such as: earthy scents can be calming and grounding, flowers can make you feel relaxed, fruits are generally energizing, and combination scents can provide a mixture of both.
Turn your printer on! You will want to print out the following list and keep it on hand somewhere, such as inside your medicine cabinet or inside a kitchen cabinet or possibly tacked up on a bulletin board for future reference.
If you are pregnant or if you are consuming prescription medications, always consult your doctor before using any essential oils. Some essential oils are toxic if consumed and should only be used topically. Please be certain that you know all about an essential oil before using it.
Continue to Page 2
Are you ready? Check out our amazing list of essential oils and their basic uses.
- Arborvitae – Grounding, cleansing, insect repellent
- Basil – Menstruation problems, sore muscles, mental alertness
- Bergamot – Emotional support, skin problems, skin purifying
- Black Pepper – Circulation, antioxidant, improved absorption
- Cardamom – Respiratory problems, improves digestion
- Cassia – Sexual stimulant, improves digestion
- Cedarwood – Emotional support, insect repellent, skin support
- Chamomile – Calming, soothing, improves immune function
- Cilantro – Purifying, improves digestion, supports healthy skin, antioxidant
- Cinnamon Bark – Oral health, cleansing, supports metabolic function
- Clary Sage – Hormone balancing, tension, emotional support, PMS
- Clove – Oral health, immune health, heart health
- Coriander – Clear skin, sore joints, improves digestion
- Cumin – Purifying, improves digestion
- Cypress- Energy, skin health, muscle tension
- Dill – Calming, improves digestion
- Eucalyptus – Cleansing, respiratory problems, skin
- Fennel – Circulation, metabolism, improves digestion
- Fir (White) – Respiratory, empowering, muscles, joints
- Frankincense – Emotional support, skin health
- Geranium – Insect repellent, calming, improved skin and hair health
- Ginger – Grounding, antioxidant, digestive support
- Grapefruit – Stimulating, alertness, cleansing, skin health, appetite suppressant
- Hawaiian Sandalwood – Improves concentration, healthy skin
- Helichrysum – Improves metabolism, healthy skin
- Jasmine – Balances the mood, healthy skin
- Juniper Berry – Stress relief, cleansing, skin toner, kidney/urinary support
- Lavender – Universal oil, calming, stress relief, skin health, headache relief
- Lemon – Energy, stimulating, respiratory support, improved digestion
- Lemongrass – Calming, improved digestion, complexion, insect repellent
- Lemon Balm – Calming, stress, tension, immune support
- Lime – Stimulating, energy, detoxifying, improved immune function
- Marjoram – Heart health, muscle support, emotional support
- Myrrh – Emotional balance, cleansing, skin health
- Orange – Emotional balance, cleansing, purifying, stimulating
- Oregano – Heathy digestion, respiratory problems, powerful cleansing agent
- Patchouli – Healthy skin, complexion, tension, stress, grounding
- Peppermint – Cooling, energy, digestive and respiratory support
- Roman Chamomile – Immune system support, calming, stress relief
- Rose – Emotional balance, clear skin, complexion
- Rosemary – Respiratory support, memory, digestion, healthy hair/scalp
- Sandalwood – Calming, grounding, skin health
- Spearmint – Oral health, improved breath, digestive health
- Tangerine – Energy, cleansing, supports immune system
- Tea Tree – Super cleansing, skin health, improves immune function
- Thyme – Insect repellent, cleansing, purifying, immune system support
- Vetiver – Calming, grounding, supports immune system function
- Wild Orange – Antioxidant, energy, emotional balance, overall health
- Wintergreen – Emotional support, sore muscles or joints, skin health
- Ylang Ylang – Healthy hair and skin, calming
Of course, this is not a complete list of all essential oils, only the most commonly used ones. Please use essential oils with caution and consult your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.