- 10 Tips To Stop Consuming Fluoride, Even If It’s Not In Your Water
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- Britain Appoints Minister Of Loneliness To Combat Epidemic
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
- 15 Of The Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies Most Americans Have
- This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
Iodine: Why It’s Important And How To Avoid Its Deficiency Infographic
Iodine is a vital trace mineral which plays an important role in the growth, development and healthy functioning of a human body.
More than half of the iodine in our systems is concentrated in the thyroid gland, the organ which relies heavily on this element and cannot work properly without enough of it. Thyroid hormones, in turn, control the metabolic process in the body, as well as the removal of toxins, the correct utilization of calories and other important functions.
Look at the infographic below to learn more about the importance of iodine, its deficiency and the foods that can help you get enough of it.
Click on image to enlarge