- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Is There Anything Lemon Water Cannot Do? (Beauty And Health Tips Are In!)
Lemons may just be the most versatile fruit you can buy. This is probably the only food item in the world that can be used for almost anything except eating in its naturally occurring form. In this article, we’ll break down a series of incredible “lemon hacks” you can use to enhance your health and your life.
Health Benefits From Lemons
Let’s begin by focusing on the nutrition and health benefits of lemons. To begin, lemons are a citrus fruit, and just like oranges, they are packed with vitamin C. The immune-boosting effects of vitamin C are fairly common knowledge. The more you get, the less likely you are to fall ill. It’s that simple. A diet rich in vitamin C will also ensure a speedy recovery from disease. Lemons also contain potassium and aid in the digestive process.
You can’t eat lemons on their own (well …you can try, but don’t say we didn’t warn you). But you can use lemon juice as a marinade or to add flavor to salads, sautéed items, and more. The most beneficial way to use lemons, however, might be to just drink the juice as part of a tonic, which can be modified depending on the specific health issue you’re trying to solve.
A tonic of lemon and water is a great way to start the day. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into a glass of water and drink it down. The health benefits of lemon water first thing in the morning include:
- A stronger immune system
- Improved enzyme function, which helps flush out harmful toxins
- Reduced food cravings due to the presence of pectin fiber
- More energy (minus the jitters of caffeine)
- Improved digestion
- Increased iron absorption
Lemon water also has anti-inflammatory properties, which make it an effective home remedy for a sore throat or a canker sore. Try gargling some lemon juice with warm water for 30 seconds a few times a day. If you have a cough that just won’t go away, try sipping some lemon water at hot temperature and adding some honey.
Continue to Page 2
Beauty And Cosmetic Applications For Lemons
Lemon juice can also be very effective for getting clearer, more radiant skin, as well as treating various skin ailments. The specific way you use lemon water for your skin will depend on the condition you’re trying to treat.
- Applying lemon water to warts can help break down the growths and allow faster healing.
- For acne, you can utilize lemon juice’s antibacterial properties. Simply apply it topically to the face (or other affected area), let it sit for 10 minutes, then wash with cool water. Lemon water’s naturally exfoliating properties will help cleanse your pores and quickly give you clear skin.
- If you have dry or dull-looking skin, apply a mixture of lemon water and coconut oil. This blend will moisturize your skin and give it a brighter appearance.
- To get rid of dandruff, try rubbing 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice into your scalp and gently massaging out with water.
Continue to Page 3
Lemon Juice As A Natural Cleaning Agent
One amazing benefit from lemon juice is that you can use it as a safe and natural all-purpose cleaner. Most commercial household cleaning agents are made of a cocktail of harmful chemicals that will clean up the mess, but at what cost? Trace amounts always remain behind and can get into your food.
Fortunately for you, a lemon juice-based alternative is cheap and easy to make.
Try combining lemon juice with baking soda, white vinegar, and lemon essential oil to create a homemade all-purpose cleaner you can use on the floor, bathtub, kitchen counter, and more.
You can also customize it for more specific messes. To clean a cutting board, for instance, try mixing some lemon juice with salt, and apply it to the board. Let it sit for a bit to eat away at the grease, then scrub it dry. This works equally well on wooden bowls and rolling pins.
You can even use lemons to clean the inside of your microwave oven WITHOUT SCRUBBING. Squeeze lemon juice into a microwave-safe bowl filled with half a cup of water. Drop the rinds inside and place the bowl in the microwave.
READ ALSO: Lemon Water To Lose Weight Video
Microwave for three minutes on the “high” setting. Make sure the water comes to a boil. As the water boils, it will condense on the interior of the oven, loosening up all the grease and crud that’s accumulated. When it finishes boiling, do not open it, just let it sit for five minutes. After this, open it up and wipe clean with a damp cloth. It will look shiny and good as new!
Lemons are an amazing fruit, and there is endless room for experimentation. Pick a few up today, and put these incredible life hacks to work for you!