- Best Ways To Get Fit In 2018: Top 10 Fitness Trends Video
- How Many Grams Of Protein Do You Need? Infographic
- 3 Smoothie Recipes For Better Health And Detox Video
- Make Your Home Smell Like Sunshine With These Summertime Essential Oil Blends Infographic
- Quick Vegan Breakfast Ideas You Can Make In 5 Minutes Video
- Kombucha: Pros and Cons Of The New Popular Fermented Beverage Video
- The Secrets Of Culinary Oils Infographic
Leeks: Interesting Facts You Probably Didn’t Know Video
The scientific name for leeks is Allium Porrum, and it belongs to the family of Amaryllidaceae, which makes it a close relative to such vegetables as onion and garlic. The edible part that can be incorporated into your dishes is the stem of the plant, as well as its stalk. Originating from the areas of Egypt and ancient Mesopotamia, leeks can easily find a place in a modern kitchen as well.
Watch the video featured below to learn more about this onion-like vegetable and its benefits. Let us know what you think about this video in the comment section below.