- Amazing Things You Can Do With Orange Peels Instead Of Throwing Them Away Video
- Raisins Or Grapes? Dry Or Raw? Which One Is Better?
- Learn How You Can Improve Your Health With A Balanced Diet Infographic
- 7 Health Reasons To Eat A Clove Of Fresh Garlic Everyday Video
- The Ultimate Detox Salad Recipe: Find It Here Infographic
- Easy Mango And Lime Sorbet Recipe To Make This Summer Video
- Summer Delights: Seasonal Fruits And Best Ways To Eat Them Infographic
Leeks: Interesting Facts You Probably Didn’t Know Video
The scientific name for leeks is Allium Porrum, and it belongs to the family of Amaryllidaceae, which makes it a close relative to such vegetables as onion and garlic. The edible part that can be incorporated into your dishes is the stem of the plant, as well as its stalk. Originating from the areas of Egypt and ancient Mesopotamia, leeks can easily find a place in a modern kitchen as well.
Watch the video featured below to learn more about this onion-like vegetable and its benefits. Let us know what you think about this video in the comment section below.