- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Leeks: Interesting Facts You Probably Didn’t Know Video
The scientific name for leeks is Allium Porrum, and it belongs to the family of Amaryllidaceae, which makes it a close relative to such vegetables as onion and garlic. The edible part that can be incorporated into your dishes is the stem of the plant, as well as its stalk. Originating from the areas of Egypt and ancient Mesopotamia, leeks can easily find a place in a modern kitchen as well.
Watch the video featured below to learn more about this onion-like vegetable and its benefits. Let us know what you think about this video in the comment section below.