- Longevity Vitamins: These Could Be Key To Lifetime of Health
- Why Eat Ancient Grains? Infographic
- Five Top Teas To Improve 5 Top Health Issues
- Herpes Virus Could Lead To Alzheimer's, Review Finds
- Cozy Yoga For The Winter Season Video
- Healthy Diet Ideas For A Sick Day And Natural Cold Remedies Video
- Baked Oatmeal Recipe With Cinnamon and Apple To Warm Up Your Winter Days Video
Leeks: Interesting Facts You Probably Didn’t Know Video
The scientific name for leeks is Allium Porrum, and it belongs to the family of Amaryllidaceae, which makes it a close relative to such vegetables as onion and garlic. The edible part that can be incorporated into your dishes is the stem of the plant, as well as its stalk. Originating from the areas of Egypt and ancient Mesopotamia, leeks can easily find a place in a modern kitchen as well.
Watch the video featured below to learn more about this onion-like vegetable and its benefits. Let us know what you think about this video in the comment section below.