- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Make Your Own Oil Diffuser Necklace for Aroma Therapy All Day Long!
First, get all your supplies ready so you don’t have to make a run to the store or pause for a few days until you can gather what you need.
- Air-dry clay in the color of your choice
- A lid, cookie cutter, or bottle cap of your choice for the size and shape that you wish your pedant to be. You can use something as simple as a cap from a condiment bottle.
- A straw or a cap from a pen to make a hole for the cord
- Wax paper
- 10 pound cord or 48 pound cord. Check the sizes and see which you prefer
- 14mm Decorative beads of your choice (optional)
- Stamp for a design (optional)
- Toothpicks (only if you are going to add beads)
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Superglue (optional)
- On your kitchen table or counter, place a sheet of wax paper and roll out your clay until it is about ¼ inch thick. You might find using a glass bottle or rolling pin works well for this. If you notice any air bubbles in the clay, pop them using a fork or toothpick.
- Using your cap, lid, or cookie cutter, cut out your pendant shape
- Using the straw or pen cap (Sharpie type caps work well) cut out the hole for your cord.
- If you are using a stamp to make a design in the clay, press it into your pendent now. You can also experiment with leaves, nuts, a key, or other natural items to make designs. Even your own thumbprint or your baby’s toe print makes cute designs! Don’t be afraid to be creative!
- Gently peel your pendent off of the wax paper (don’t pull too hard or your pendent might tear or lose its shape)
- Place in a location out of the sun where it can dry undisturbed for 24 to 48 hours
- When the pendent is completely dry, use the sandpaper to gently sand away any rough edges
- If you would like to add some bead(s) for decorations, use the superglue to place just a tiny drop, the size of the head of a pin, on your pendent, and then use the toothpick to place your bead(s) in the desired position.
- Decide what length you would like your pendent to be. (Be sure that it is at least long enough to go over your head.) Fold the cord in the middle and place that folded loop through the back hole in the pendant. Place the cut ends through the folded portion and you now have a loop. Tie the loose ends together. If you like, you can string some beads through the cord for some added decoration. Add your beads before you tie the loose ends together.
- Now add no more than 2 drops of your chosen essential oil to the front of the pendent only. If you add any oil to the back, it might rub on your clothing and stain it. Try one drop at first, then add a second drop if you want a stronger scent. You really shouldn’t need more than 2 drops. Rub the oil in to be sure it is thoroughly absorbed.
That’s it! Your pendent is ready to wear and enjoy! When the scent begins to fade, add one more drop to your pendent. You can make these as gifts, or make several for yourself with different colored beads, designs, and scents. Take a deep breath and enjoy!