- Having Panic Attacks? Here Are The Best Essential Oils That Can Help Video
- 7 Natural Drinks You Can Make For Better Sleep Infographic
- Top 7 Alkaline Foods For Warding Off Diseases Infographic
- 7 Unexpected Health Benefits Of Activated Charcoal Infographic
- Healthy Cookies: 3 Delicious Ways Video
- Sunflower Seeds And Their Amazing Benefits Infographic
- Waking Up Early Is Easy With These 10 Effortless Tricks Infographic
Natural Heartburn Remedies More Effective Than Drugs
Every month more than 60 million people in America suffer from heartburn. If you are one of the few people who has never had heartburn, it starts off as indigestion and leaves you with pains in your stomach, burning in your chest, and a sourness in your throat.
For most of the people who have regular heartburn, they feel they have no choice but to reach for any one of the many over-the-counter medications or prescription offerings to treat their condition. Some of the most common products include Tagamet, Zantac, Tums, and Pepcid.
While most of these products do treat heartburn effectively and fairly quickly, they have been found to have serious side effects. Some cause cancer while others can leave you with a heart attack. Instead of just resolving the problem, you may want to figure out what is causing your heartburn in the first place. Here are six ways that you can stop heartburn from affecting you in the future.
1. Cut out any foods that raise your stomach acid levels
There are a number of foods that can increase your chances of suffering from acid reflux. Some of these include: tomatoes, citrus fruits, fried foods, artificial sweeteners, garlic, onions, chocolate, coffee, and alcohol.
2. Cut down on the size of your portions
Whenever you eat too much at one time, your body increase the production of acid in your stomach to help you digest your meal. If any of the excess food leaks out, it could find its way back into your esophagus.
3. Don’t drink when you eat
Even though it is probably a habit, try to not drink any fluids while you are eating. When you do this, it dilutes the enzymes in your digestive track, adding to your stomach issues.
Continue to Page 2