- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
One Popular Drink Greatly Increases Your Risk of Heart Attack
Children and teenagers should never consume energy drinks as these are not required to list the total amount of caffeine the product contains. Some energy drinks also add other stimulants such as yerba mate or guarana, and these ingredients are not listed on the label since they are not required to do so.
The health risks that come with energy drinks are, of course, higher for those persons who have existing health problems such as heart defects, high blood pressure, or other types of heart conditions. However, it’s important to note that not all heart defects are known to people when they are born. Some people have structural heart defects that go undiagnosed until their teenage or even their adult years!
One or two cups of coffee per day isn’t enough caffeine to be a problem, but energy drinks in combination with coffee consumption, sodas, tea, and other sources of caffeine, or combined with alcohol, can be a deadly cocktail that is not worth a few hours of productivity.
If you want to improve your energy levels naturally you can do the following without risking your heart or your health:
- Get 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night
- Cut out processed sugar from your diet
- Increase your consumption of omega-3 fatty acids (via fish or supplement)
- Lower stress levels and manage the stress you cannot remove
- Get regular exercise
- Improve your diet by removing processed foods, junk foods, and fast foods
- Consume more fresh, organic fruits and vegetables every day
If you feel you might have a problem due to consumption of energy drinks or if you have a lack of energy that you cannot resolve with the above methods, consult your physician.
Apr 21, 2015 at 7:51 pm