- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Simple Ways to Make Your Own Natural Perfumes
You don’t have to shell out huge amounts of money to smell good. Make your own perfume with natural ingredients, right at home!
Have you ever been somewhere and got a whiff of something….an ocean breeze, freshly cut grass, hot buttered popcorn, and suddenly been transported back in time to another place where you experienced that same smell? Everyone has these experiences at some point in their lives. Although our sense of smell isn’t well understood, everyone knows that certain smells can bring on powerful feelings and memories. This means that the very cologne or perfume you are wearing can affect how you feel.
Why spend 100 dollars or more per ounce of someone else’s idea of what smells good when you can make one that suits you for just a few dollars? It’s not as hard as some would have you believe.
SEE ALSO: Everything About Essential Oils Infographic
First, identify the types of smells that appeal to you. On a scale of 1 (being you don’t like it at all) to 10 (being that you love it) rate the following scents:
4. Freshly washed laundry dried outdoors
5. Baby powder
7. Lily of the Valley
12. Fresh dairy cream
13. Fresh Christmas trees
14. Burning candles
15. The ocean air
17. Freshly cut wood
18. Freshly cut grass
19. Church incense
Continue to Page 2