- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Taking Turmeric? It’s Not Doing Squat Unless You Are Taking Other Things Too
Of course, if pepper just isn’t your thing, you can also use fat as a means of making your supplement more available for your body to use. Turmeric is a fat soluble compound which means that it “piggybacks” on fat molecules to make its way through the body. You can add freshly ground turmeric into healthy fats such as your meat sauces, salad dressings, and dips. Or you can consume your supplement with a fatty meal or just drink a glass of milk to wash down that capsule and your body will soak up that curcumin along with the fat!
3. Heat Things Up!
Another great way to get that turmeric into your body is to heat things up a little. Just adding a half a teaspoon to any cooked dish, such as soups, casseroles, sauces, meat, or rice will give you all the curcuminoids your body can stand and then some! The moment you heat up that food and add turmeric to it, it instantly becomes bioavailable to the body.
Now, if you thought that you were going to have to do something complicated to get the benefits of turmeric, you are probably shaking your head thinking that it can’t possibly be this simple. But it is! Mother Nature made things pretty easy, overall, so that we could live healthy, happy lives with bodies that last a lifetime!