- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Best Sleeping Positions And More!
The importance of a good mattress
A mattress plays a major role in the quality of your sleep. Specifications differ from brand to brand, but a qualified sales person should be able to help you select a mattress that will be best for you. You may need a new mattress if you get up in the morning with a sore back which goes away as you move around – this means the mattress is no longer giving the support you need.
It is important to note that no mattress will cure a real back problem. A bad mattress will make the condition worse, while a good mattress may help to ease the pain and discomfort.
Some mattress tips to prevent restless tossing and turning.
- The old story that the firmer the mattress the better for you has been shot full of holes. A hard mattress is death by pain for arthritic patients. These folk need a softer yet supportive feel for the sore joints and back, with enough comfort to choose any sleep position they are comfortable with.
- Folk with lower back problems need a medium to firm mattress to support the bottom of the spine.
- Invest in a good pillow to support your neck and the top of the spine.
Mattresses are a specialized science – ask the salesman for advice if you are unsure of anything.
Something to take away
You may have a favorite sleeping position, regardless of health benefits, than another position may offer. Trying other sleeping positions will do no harm, and who knows, you may find something better!