- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Health Benefits Of Superpower Phytonutrients
Phytonutrients are not required for the human body to function—they just make it function a lot better. These chemical compounds are found in many types of fruits and vegetables, and they are responsible for giving these foods their bright colors. They also offer an incredible range of health benefits that all too often go overlooked and underappreciated, even by people who might otherwise consider themselves health-conscious.
Phytonutrients have powerful antioxidant properties and are especially useful for detoxifying purposes. Oxidative stress is caused by the damaging effects of oxygen on our cells, and it is ultimately what drives the aging process. It is strange, in a way, that taking in oxygen through breathing (and consuming oxidized foods) is what ends up killing you in the end, but it’s the truth. Luckily, antioxidants in foods can help protect against that, and the phytonutrients in the foods and drinks we’ll be listing here are some of the best ways to get them.
Detoxifying has become a popular trend in the health and nutrition world over the last few years, and with good reason. Between chemical and heavy metal contamination in so much of our food and the inflammation and other problems linked to oxidative stress, phytonutrients can offer a plethora of health benefits, and here is the list.
Continue to Page 3