- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Many Health Benefits of Fresh Mint Leaves
4. Possible Anti-Cancer Agent
Although most people think of peppermint for its ability to sooth upset tummies, recent studies show some other powerful compounds in this plant. Peppermint contains a powerful phytonutrient called monoterpene. This phytonutirents has been shown to stop the growth of breast, liver, and pancreatic tumors in studies done with animals.
5. Helps with IBS
Peppermint oil capsules are a safe and effective treatment for those suffering from IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). One study done in 2007 showed that 75 percent of subjects who consumed peppermint oil saw a more than 50 percent reduction of their symptoms. Another study published in January of 2014 also showed that peppermint oil relieved the abdominal pain in diarrhea-predominant IBS.
6. Tuberculosis Regression
Inhaling peppermint oil causes a rapid reduction in the inflammation associated with tuberculosis, according to a study done in 2009. Researchers concluded that peppermint oil could be used to prevent both recurrences of tuberculosis and the exacerbation of pulmonary tuberculosis.
Continue to Page 3