- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Shocking Things Smoking Pot Does to the Brain and Body
Marijuana Does Not Appear to Affect Memory or Concentration
Although the short term effects of smoking pot is felt within a matter of minutes, it peaks within 30 minutes and is then completely gone within two to three hours. You often hear, however, that heavy or even regular pot smokers have memory or concentration problems.
Although more research really needs to be done in this area, the 2012 review of research that is available was published in the Journal of Addiction Medicine found that the immediate impairments of concentration and memory do not appear to be permanent. Although pot will impair the user’s concentration and attention span, it does not appear to affect even heavy users for more than 6 hours after ingesting or smoking. Several studies have found no long term effects on working memory.
Studies done in 2002 found that even if your memory is messed up while you are smoking, it will go back to normal within a matter of days, at most.
Continue to Page 4