- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Top 12 Dirty Produce Items You Should Avoid
Ok, so you probably already know that unless it’s marked organic, the fruits and vegetables you are eating have been sprayed with pesticides. What you probably don’t know is just how many pesticides are used. Most likely you also think that by rinsing that produce in water or washing it removes all those pesticides. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Your fruits and vegetables absorb those pesticides and fertilizers right into the meat of the produce.
Although organic produce is preferable to conventional fruits and vegetables, even the dirty dozen are better than prepackaged foods or fast food. (Find out dangers of prepackages food). Choose organic whenever possible to avoid the health problems associated with consuming pesticides. Let’s look at the top 12 most contaminated produce that is sold in today’s supermarkets.
Apples always seem to make the list every year. This is because apples have been found with the residue of more than 40 different types of pesticides on them. By the way, this residue is not limited to fresh apples; it’s also found in apple sauce and apple juice. It makes sense then to buy organic anytime you are talking about anything that contains apples.
If they don’t stock organic apples at your market, an alternative that is safer would be to buy tangerines, bananas, or watermelon.