- If You’re Stressed, Rosemary Can Help
- Study Suggests That Eating Fish Can Reduce Cardiac Death
- You Won’t Believe This Creamy Pasta Recipe Is Vegan & Gluten Free Video
- Chocolate Smoothies – 3 Healthy Recipes Worth Giving A Try Video
- Protecting Your DNA And Profiting Too
- Beneficial Weeds You Must Know About
- These 8 Products Will Lighten Knees And Elbows Naturally
Top 10 Health Benefits of Cinnamon
When you think of cinnamon you probably think of baked apples, chai latte, cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on your morning toast, or possibly that hilarious YouTube video with the cinnamon challenge, but chances are you don’t think of cinnamon as something healthy for you, but it’s true. Cinnamon has been around for thousands of years, when in Ancient Egypt it was highly prized and used to treat coughs, sore throats, and aching joints. More modern research shows that this tasty spice has some super health benefits to it also.
Before we begin let’s talk about some important information you should know. There are two different types of cinnamon:
- Cinnamomum verum, more commonly known as Ceylon cinnamon. This is the one most commonly used, including here in the Western part of the world.
- Cinnamomum aromaticum also called Cassia or Chinese cinnamon. This spice originates from China and is less expensive than Ceylon cinnamon.
The reason you should know the two different types is because cinnamon contains coumarin, which has been linked to liver damage. Ceylon cinnamon has far less coumarin than Chinese cinnamon. So before you start on a cinnamon kick, be sure you are buying Ceylon cinnamon.
Ok, so besides the taste, here are 10 great reasons to start using cinnamon in more than just your grandma’s pumpkin pie recipe.
1. Control Blood Sugar
There are several studies that show that cinnamon has what it takes to help those with problems with their insulin. Cinnamon is very popular with those who have Type 2 diabetes. If you wish to try this option instead of medication, talk with your doctor.
2. Stops Stinky Smells
Cinnamon Leaf Oil is a powerful odor neutralizer that kills the bacteria that causes those bad smells, it doesn’t just cover it up. Add 2 to 5 drops of cinnamon oil mixed with water and put in a diffuser and in just a few minutes you will notice all odors are gone. Since cinnamon also has anti-bacterial properties, you might add the same amount to a spray bottle and spray it around your kitchen counter tops, garbage cans, toilets, even in your car to both clean and remove those foul smells.
3. Ease Joint Pain
There are many people who claim their arthritis pain was significantly reduced when they drank cinnamon tea twice a day. Still others claim that they received relief from a cinnamon oil based massage. Studies have shown that cinnamon has high levels of manganese, which the body uses to build bones, and other connective tissue.
Continue to Page 2