- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
This One Thing Can Protect You from the Ravages of Fluoride
As you probably are already aware of, fluoride seems to be everywhere and in everything. From our drinking water to non-stick cookware, from toothpaste to antibiotics. How can you protect yourself from it? This study can give everyone hope that we can protect ourselves from the damage that indiscriminate fluoride use causes.
The neurotoxicity of fluoride has been the subject of debate for eons, now it’s even being discussed among the general public and in social media forums. From the “conspiracy nuts” who believe that fluoride was used in the Nazi concentration camps and is being used today to “calm” the general public by putting it in our water supply, to the well-documented proof that fluoride lowers IQ levels, to the calcification of the penal gland, to the depositing of aluminum in the brain, public attention is moving from the protection of our teeth to the protection of our brains. Find out more what is in fluoride.
Pharmacognosy recently published a story with the provocative title of “Curcumin attenuates neurotoxicity induced by fluoride.” The study being released in this story was performed by researchers who work at the University College of Science, M.L. Sukhadia University, in Udaipur, India, Department of Zoology. They have spent the past 10 years thoroughly investigating the manner through which fluoride induces sometimes severe neurodegenerative changes in the brains of mammals, especially in the cells of the cerebral cortex and the hippocampus.
The researchers used four groups of mice to show the neurotoxic effects of fluoride and to show curcumins protective role to fight it, they set up their 30 day study thus:
1. The control group (who received no fluoride)
2. Fluoride given in distilled drinking water, with no restrictions (120ppm)
3. Fluoride plus curcumin ( 120ppm/30mg/kg of body weight) Mice were give oral doses of curcumin in bits of olive oil and the fluoride was put in their drinking water
4. Curcumin (30mg/kg of body weight)
Continue to Page 2