- Is There A Correlation Between Creativity And Not Socializing?
- 3 Excellent ‘Because’ To Why Sprouted Grains Are Good For You
- 7 Healthy And Easy To Make Salads For Each Day Of Your Week Video
- The Science Of Alcohol Addiction
- Hunger Scale And Guide To Mindful Eating Infographic
- Bountiful Year: What To Eat, When To Eat It Infographic
- Healthy Food Substitutions For A Guilt-Free Diet Infographic
Top 10 Foods that Actually Boost Your Brain Power!
If someone told you in advance that just by adding a few ingredients to your daily diet that you could sharpen your thinking and prevent many of the memory problems that seem to come with advancing age, would you change your diet? Of course you would! Well now you have that chance. This is a list of the top 10 items you can add to your diet that will give nourishment to those neurons, reduce inflammation, and keep those memory pathways open.
Walnuts are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids, which have been shown to have some sort of protective effect on the brain. There was a recent study, however, which shows that older people whose blood contained high levels of these fatty acids had larger brain volume. Although many fish also contain omega 3, due to the mercury levels, you are advised to not eat great quantities of it.
Find out why not all omega-3 fats are equal. It’s easy to add a handful of walnuts to your daily diet, however!